E-Government, Bureaucracy, and Institutional Reform
- 93 Downloads
The application of information and communication technologies (ICTs) by government agencies in the public administration processes in order to improve the delivery of public services and enhance the interaction between citizens and public sector organizations.
A system of administration which is performed by professionals on a continuous basis.
- Institutional reform
A systematic approach in dealing with change, both from the perspective of an organization and on the individual level.
- Public administration reform
It is considered as the search for administrative (public services) structures and processes that are more responsive to the needs of citizens and the delivery of better public services.
Governments are tapping into the opportunities presented by information and communication technologies (ICTs) to modernize and solve challenges faced by public...
- Alberti A, Sayed F (2007) Challenges and priorities in reforming governance and public administration in the Middle East, Northern Africa, and Western Balkans. Paper presented at the Special Workshop on Public Administration in Arab-Mediterranean Countries. INAP, MadridGoogle Scholar
- Altay A (1999) The efficiency of bureaucracy on the public sectorGoogle Scholar
- Bashar MR, Razael KM, Grout V (2011) E-government vs. ordinary bureaucratic government: a comparative studyGoogle Scholar
- Bernhard I (2013) E-government and E-governance: Swedish case studies with focus on the local level. KTH Royal Institute of Technology, StockholmGoogle Scholar
- Bertram M (1964) The managing of organizations: the administrative struggle. The Free Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Charlesworth JC (1968) Theory and practice of public administrationGoogle Scholar
- Collins T (2007) Only a third of government projects succeed, says CIO. Comput Wkly 22:4Google Scholar
- Fountain JE (2008) Bureaucratic reform and e-government in the United States: an institutional perspective. In: Routledge handbook of internet politics. Routledge, London, pp 115–129Google Scholar
- Fry BR, Raadschelders JC (2013) Mastering public administration: from Max Weber to Dwight Waldo. CQ Press, Washington, DCGoogle Scholar
- Gerth HH, Mills CW (2014) From Max Weber: essays in sociology. Routledge, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Grant G, Chau D (2006) Developing a generic framework for e-government, chapter 4. In: Hunter G, Tan F (eds) Advanced topics in global information management, vol 5. Idea Group, London, pp 72–101Google Scholar
- Gross BM (1964) The managing of organizations: the administrative struggle, vol 2. Free Press of Glencoe, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Hiller JS, Bélanger F (2001) Privacy strategies for electronic government. E-Government 200:162–198Google Scholar
- Johari J (1980) Comparative politics. Sterling Publishers Private Limited, New DelhiGoogle Scholar
- Osborne D, Gaebler T (1992) Reinventing government: how the entrepreneurial Spirit is transforming the public sector from schoolhouse to statehouse. In: City hall to pentagon. Addison-Wesley, ReadingGoogle Scholar
- Osborne D, Plastrik P (1997) Banishing bureaucracy: the five strategies for reinventing government: ERIC. Addison-Wesley, ReadingGoogle Scholar
- Pagani M, Pasinetti C (2008) Accessibility, usability, and functionality in T-government services. In: Encyclopedia of multimedia technology and networking, vol 3Google Scholar
- Panzardi R, Calcopietro C, Ivanovic EF (2002) New-economy sector study electronic government and governance: lessons for Argentina. Retrieved from http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/527061468769894044/pdf/266390WP0E1Gov1gentina1Final1Report.pdfGoogle Scholar
- Turnip K, Lubis AH, Lubis MS (2018) A review of ict in government bureaucracy: psychological and technology skill perspectives. Technology 9(9):1309–1319Google Scholar
- UNDP (2004) Public administration reform. United National Development Program, New York, USA, pp 1–31Google Scholar
- Weber M (2009) The theory of social and economic organization. Simon and Schuster, USAGoogle Scholar
- Weber M (2013) From max Weber: essays in sociology. Routledge, USAGoogle Scholar
- Wihlborg E (2005) Offentliga e-tjänster i medborgarens tjänst: Finansdepartementet, Delegationen för TjugofyratimmarsmyndighetenGoogle Scholar
- Worldbank (2015) E-government. Retrieved 24 Aug 2017, from http://www.worldbank.org/en/topic/ict/brief/e-government