Discovery Leadership for Corporate Responsibility
- Associative mindset
The recognition of the symbiotic relationship between business and society and the values at stake.
- Business and society field
An academic area of inquiry into the role of business organizations in society.
- Corporate social responsibility
An area of business and society research that addresses the obligations that firms have to society.
- Corporate social responsiveness
An area of business and society research that examines the processes by which managers can discern and respond to stakeholder expectations of business responsibilities.
- Corporate social performance
An area of business and society research that examines the outcomes or impacts of corporate conduct.
- Discovery leadership
A theoretical perspective on the type of executive capable of activating the personal and organizational values that enable a...
- Collins D (1988) Adam Smith’s social contract: the proper role of individual liberty and government intervention in the 18th century. Bus Prof Ethics J 7:120–146Google Scholar
- Fombrun CJ (1996) Reputation: realizing value from the corporate image. Harvard Business School Press, BostonGoogle Scholar
- Frederick WC (1995) Values, nature, and culture in the American corporation. Oxford University Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Freeman RE (1984) Strategic management: a stakeholder approach. Pitman/Ballinger, BostonGoogle Scholar
- Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) (2012) A new phase: the growth of sustainability reporting – GRI’s year in review. GRI, AmsterdamGoogle Scholar
- Kuhn T (1970) The structure of scientific revolutions, 2nd edn. The University of Chicago Press, ChicagoGoogle Scholar
- Rokeach M (1973) The nature of human values. Free Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Savitz A (2013) Talent, transformation, and the triple bottom line. Jossey-Bass, San FranciscoGoogle Scholar
- Schein EH (1985) Organizational culture and leadership. Jossey-Bass, San FranciscoGoogle Scholar
- Swanson DL (2008) Top managers as drivers for corporate social responsibility. In: Crane A, McWilliams A, Matten D, Moon J, Siegel D (eds) The Oxford handbook of corporate social responsibility. Oxford University Press, New York, pp 47–62Google Scholar
- Swanson DL (2017) The restorative potential of discovery leadership: corporate responsibility as participating consciousness. In: Giacalone R, Jurkiewicz CL (eds) Radical thoughts on ethical leadership. Information Age Publishing, Charlotte, pp 69–95Google Scholar
- Treviño LK, Nelson KA (2004) Managing business ethics: straight talk about how to do it right. Wiley, HobokenGoogle Scholar
- Waddock S (2009) Leading corporate citizens: vision, values, value added. McGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar