Core Energetics is a systematic and therapeutic work that focuses on healing and personal growth by consciously integrating the mind, the body, the emotions, the will, and the spirit into a unit known as the Whole Person. When compared to more traditional therapeutic works that are oriented to healing, either from a medical or psychological perspective, Core Energetics’ uniqueness is to integrate in its knowledge database the understanding of the body energetic systems and the spiritual nature of human beings.
Core Energetics was created by John Pierrakos, who was born in Greece on 8 February 1921. When he was 18 years old he moved to the USA, where he became a physician and, later on, Wilhelm Reich’s patient and student (Pierrakos 1997). Pierrakos was the cocreator of Bioenergetics with Alexander Lowen and developed Core Energetics by integrating Bioenergetics with the studies from Eva Pierrakos; who is known for compiling the spiritual knowledge named Pathwork. Today,...
KeywordsBody psychotherapy Whole person Spiritual self
- Campbell C (1997) A orientalização do Ocidente: reflexões sobre uma nova teodicéia para um novo milênio. Relig Soc 18:5–22Google Scholar
- Lowen A (1990) The spirituality of the body: bioenergetics for grace and harmony. MacMillan, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Lowen A (1995) Joy: the surrender to the body and of life. Penguin Books, ArkanaGoogle Scholar
- Pierrakos J (1987) Core energetics: developing the capacity to love and heal. LifeRhythm, MendocinoGoogle Scholar
- Pierrakos J (1997) Eros, love and sexuality. LifeRhythm, MendocinoGoogle Scholar