- 6 Downloads
Neurotrophic factors are peptides or protein molecules that support cell survival and cell death in neural and nonneural tissues. In this way, these molecules affect the development, maintenance, and plasticity of the nervous system during the development and in the adulthood (Sampaio et al. 2017).
Summary of neurotrophic factors’ families and their main components, receptors, and...
- Di Liberto V, Mudo G, Belluardo N (2019) Crosstalk between receptor tyrosine kinases (RTKs) and G protein-coupled receptors (GPCR) in the brain: focus on heteroreceptor complexes and related functional neurotrophic effects. Neuropharmacology 152:67–77. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuropharm.2018.11.018CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Li X (2019) The FGF metabolic axis. Front Med. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11684-019-0711-y
- Lindahl M, Danilova T, Palm E, Lindholm P, Voikar V, Hakonen E, Ustinov J, Andressoo JO, Harvey BK, Otonkoski T, Rossi J, Saarma M (2014) MANF is indispensable for the proliferation and survival of pancreatic beta cells. Cell Rep 7(2):366–375. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.celrep.2014.03.023CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Moses HL, Roberts AB, Derynck R (2016) The discovery and early days of TGF-beta: a historical perspective. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol 8(7). https://doi.org/10.1101/cshperspect.a021865
- Rayego-Mateos S, Rodrigues-Diez R, Morgado-Pascual JL, Valentijn F, Valdivielso JM, Goldschmeding R, Ruiz-Ortega M (2018) Role of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) and its ligands in kidney inflammation and damage. Mediat Inflamm 2018:8739473. https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/8739473CrossRefGoogle Scholar