League Tables and Sustainability
League table of universities across the globe which have shown a strong commitment to achieve a green and sustainable campus, based on six indicators.
The UI GreenMetric was launched in October 2010 at Universitas Indonesia, one year after the university hosted the International Conference on World University Rankings on 16 April 2009. UI GreenMetric is an environmentally concerned ranking scheme aimed to encourage green campuses and sustainability in universities all over the world. It is believed that universities, as small cities, significantly contribute to the global greenhouse gas emissions during daily academic-based activities. It is expected that by drawing the attention of university leaders and stakeholders, more responsive action will be given to combating global climate change, such as generating renewable energy, conserving water, recycling waste, providing green transportation, and promoting sustainable...
- Baricco M, Tartaglino A, Gambino P, Dansero E, Cottafava D, Cavaglia G (2018) University of Turin performance in UI GreenMetric Energy and Climate Change. E3S Web Conf, 48, the International UI GreenMetric World University Rankings (IWGM 2018)Google Scholar
- Cazzolle M, Perchinunno P (2018) The positioning of Italian universities in the international rankings. In: Computational science and its applications – ICCSA 2018: 18th international conference, Melbourne, VIC, Australia, July 2–5, 2018, proceedings, part III. Springer, ChamGoogle Scholar
- Dawe G, Jucker R, Martin S (2005) Sustainable development in higher education: current practice and future developments. Higher Education Academy, HeslingtonGoogle Scholar
- Hamzah RY, Alnaser NW, Alnaser WE (2018) Accelerating the transformation to a Green University: University of Bahrain experience. Journal of E3S of Web Conference, 48, the International UI GreenMetric World University Rankings (IWGM 2018)Google Scholar
- Jones D, Kitaura C (2018) UC Davis’ GreenMetric Ranking Still Best in US. Available Online at https://www.ucdavis.edu/news/uc-davis-GreenMetric-ranking-still-best-us/
- McKeown R, Hopkins CA, Rizzi R, Chrystalbridge M (2002) Education for sustainable development toolkit. Energy, Environment and Resources Center EERC, University of Tennessee, KnoxvilleGoogle Scholar
- Nottingham Trent University (2018) Nottingham Trent University Ranks 5th in World for University Sustainability. Available Online at https://www.ntu.ac.uk/about-us/news/news-articles/2018/12/nottingham-trent-university-ranks-5th-in-world-for-university-sustainability
- Tilbury D, Stevenson RB, Fien J, Schreuder D (2002) Education and sustainability: responding to the global challenge. Commission on Education and Communication, IUCN, Gland/Cambridge, UK, p xii +206Google Scholar
- UNESCO (2005) UN decade of education for sustainable development 2005e2014: the DESD at a glance. UNESCO e Education for Sustainable Development (ED/PEQ/ESD), Division for the Promotion of Quality Education, ParisGoogle Scholar
- UNESCO-CEPES (2006) Berlin principles on ranking of higher education institutions. Available Online at: www.che.de/downloads/Berlin_Principles_IREG_534.pdf. Accessed on 09 Mar 2012
- Zinaida F, Galkute L, Lotz-Sisitka H, Razak DA, Chacon M, Yarime M, Mohamedbhai G (2012) University appraisal for diversity, innovation and change towards sustainable development? Can it be done? In: GUNi (ed) Higher education’s commitment to sustainability: from understanding to action. Palgrave Macmillan, Houndsmills, pp 310–315Google Scholar