TED Talks on Environment Issues for Sustainable Development
TED talks: TED (Technology, Entertainment and Design) is a non-profit organization that was born in 1984.
Environmental Issues: Several environmental issues such as: Pollution; climate change and global warming; overpopulation; natural resource depletion; waste production and disposal; loss of biodiversity; deforestation; ocean acidification; urban sprawl; genetic engineering or genetics modification of food; species extinction.
Sustainable development: “Humanity has the ability to make development sustainable to ensure that it meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs” (Brundtland 1987, p.16).
The planet has been suffering from several environmental issues such as pollution, climate change and global warming, overpopulation, natural resource depletion, waste production and disposal, loss of biodiversity, deforestation, ocean...
This research was supported by Brazilian National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq/Brazil), project 303669/2015-2, and by Portuguese Science Foundation (FCT/Portugal) through NECE (Núcleo de Estudos em Ciências Empresariais), project UID/GES/04630/2013.
- Brundtland GH (1987) Report of the World Commission on environment and development: “Our common future”. United NationsGoogle Scholar
- Caliendo G (2012) The popularisation of science in web-based genres. In: Caliendo G, Bongo G (eds) The language of popularisation: theoretical and descriptive models, vol 3. Peter Lang, Bern, pp 101–132Google Scholar
- Gardner GT, Stern PC (2005) Environmental problems and human behavior, 2nd edn. Pearson Custom Publishing, Boston, pp 120–123. isbn:0-536-68633-5Google Scholar
- Stob P (2015) Talk like TED: the 9 public-speaking secrets of the world’s top minds. Quarterly Journal of Speech 101(1): 311–314Google Scholar
- Technology, Entertainment, and Design – TED (2017) Programs and initiatives. Available on: https://www.ted.com/about/programs-initiatives. Accessed 20 Nov 2017
- United Nations Development Programme – UNDP (2016). Sustainable development goals. Available on: http://www.undp.org/content/dam/undp/library/corporate/brochure/SDGs_Booklet_Web_En.pdf. Accessed 20 Nov 2017