Data mining on top of data warehouse systems; OLAM
The term Online Analytical Mining, coined in 1997 by J. Han , refers to solutions that integrate online analytical processing (OLAP) with data mining functionalities so that mining can be performed in different portions of databases or data warehouses and at different levels of abstraction at the user’s fingertips. In such a system, data mining techniques will beneficiate of a higher level of integration, consistency, and cleanness, and data warehouse users will be able to express more powerful queries directly from their user interface. Although no commercial tools make available a complete and integrated set of OLAM features, many data mining techniques have been extended to deal with specific data warehouse features, while new algorithms, that specifically address the OLAP user’s advanced requirements, have been developed.
OLAM originated from the coupling of OLAP and data mining systems....
- 6.Cuzzocrea A. An OLAM-based framework for complex knowledge pattern discovery in distributed-and-heterogeneous-data-sources and cooperative information systems. In: Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Data Warehousing and Knowledge Discovery; 2007. p. 181–98.Google Scholar
- 10.Han J, Fu Y, Wang W, Chiang J, et al. DBMiner: a system for mining knowledge in large relational databases. In: Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining; 1996. p. 250–55.Google Scholar
- 11.Han J, Kamber M, Pei J. Data mining: concepts and techniques. 3rd ed. Waltham: Morgan Kaufmann; 2011.Google Scholar
- 13.Li Y, Wu J, Xu Y, Yang W. Granule mining oriented data warehousing model for representations of multidimensional association rules. Int J Intell Inf Database Syst. 2008;2(1):125–45.Google Scholar
- 16.Psaila G, Lanzi P. Hierarchy-based mining of association rules in data warehouses. In: Proceedings of the 2000 ACM Symposium on Applied Computing; 2000. p. 307–12.Google Scholar
- 17.Usman M, Asghar S. An architecture for integrated online analytical mining. J Emerg Technol Web Intell. 2011;3(2):74–99.Google Scholar