About this book
As the first of its kind, this handbook presents state-of-the-art information and analysis concerning the state of affairs in bioethics in around 40 countries.
The country reports point out the most important discussions as well as the emerging topics in the field. Readers can orientate themselves quickly with regard to the various relevant issues, institutional structures and expertise available in these countries.
The authorship of this reference work is truly global as it involves contributions from the best authors with innate knowledge of the bioethics situation in these countries.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Handbook of Global Bioethics
Henk A.M.J. ten Have
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-2512-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law Reference Module Humanities and Social Sciences
- Hardcover ISBN 978-94-007-2513-3
- eBook ISBN 978-94-007-2512-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXIV, 1685
- Number of Illustrations 5 b/w illustrations, 49 illustrations in colour
Theory of Medicine/Bioethics
Philosophy of Medicine
- Buy this book on publisher's site
From the reviews:
“‘The Handbook aims to provide a geographic and systemic overview of global bioethics.’ They have succeeded in their goal. The purported audience for the Handbook includes bioethicists, health-care providers, health-care educators, individuals who are involved in clinical research, academics in the fields of law, science and technology studies, medicine, associated health-care professionals, religion, and cultural anthropology. … The Handbook is a highly recommended resource.” (Barry R. Masters, Graefe’s Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology, 2014)