This Encyclopedia of Agrophysics will provide up-to-date information on the physical properties and processes affecting the quality of the environment and plant production. It will be a "first-up" volume which will nicely complement the recently published Encyclopedia of Soil Science, (November 2007) which was published in the same series.
In a single authoritative volume a collection of about 250 informative articles and ca 400 glossary terms covering all aspects of agrophysics will be presented. The authors will be renowned specialists in various aspects in agrophysics from a wide variety of countries.
Agrophysics is important both for research and practical use not only in agriculture, but also in areas like environmental science, land reclamation, food processing etc.
Agrophysics is a relatively new interdisciplinary field closely related to Agrochemistry, Agrobiology, Agroclimatology and Agroecology. Nowadays it has been fully accepted as an agricultural and environmental discipline. As such this Encyclopedia volume will be an indispensable working tool for scientists and practitioners from different disciplines, like agriculture, soil science, geosciences, environmental science, geography, and engineering.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-90-481-3585-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- Print ISBN 978-90-481-3584-4
- Online ISBN 978-90-481-3585-1
- Series Print ISSN 1388-4360
- Series Online ISSN 1871-756X
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Reference Module Physical and Materials Science
- Number Of Entries 660
- About this book
Part of the Encyclopedia of Earth Sciences Series book series (EESS)