The second edition of this encyclopedia continues to break new ground as an important resource for the study of adolescence. Comprehensive in breath and textbook in depth, the second edition – with entries presented in easy-to-access A to Z format – serves as a reference repository of knowledge in the field as well as a frequently updated conduit of new research and knowledge long before such information trickles down to standard textbooks. This updated and expanded major reference work advances the field by pushing and creating new boundaries and areas of study that further our understanding of adolescents and their place in society. In addition to the original 730 entries, the new edition adds more than 200 new essays as well as updates to many other entries. Substantively, the second edition continues to draw from four major areas of research relating to adolescence:
- The first broad area includes research relating to "Self, Identity and Development in Adolescence"
- The second broad area centers on "Adolescents’ Social and Personal Relationships".
- The third area examines "Adolescents in Social Institutions".
- "Adolescent Mental Health" constitutes the last major area of research.
This unique, comprehensive second edition of the Encyclopedia of Adolescence is an essential reference for advanced undergraduate and graduate students as well as researchers, professors, clinicians, and other practitioners across such related disciplines as developmental psychology, criminology and criminal Justice, adolescent psychiatry, child and school psychology, family, and public health.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-33228-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-33227-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-33228-4
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology Reference Module Humanities and Social Sciences
- Number Of Entries 802
- About this book