Table of contents
About this book
This handbook provides an introduction to and reference information about the science behind the production and use of particulate fillers in polymer applications. Fillers play an important role and are used with practically all types of polymers: thermoplastics, thermosets, elastomers.
Readers will find an introduction to the topic of particulate fillers for polymer applications and their importance. The first chapters describe the use and characteristics of fillers in different polymer types, such as thermoplastics, thermosets and elastomers. The following chapters compile and summarize comprehensive information about different filler materials which find application nowadays, including mineral fillers (for example feldspars, wollastonites, and many more) and inorganic fillers (barium sulphate, or clays), bio-fillers, recycled and sustainable fillers, and fillers for specific applications (for example flame-retardant fillers, fillers for electrically conductive applications, or thermally conductive additives).
Offering key information, compiled by a mixed team of authors from academia and industry, this handbook will appeal to researchers and professionals working on and with particulate polymer fillers alike.
Anti-Block Additives Flame retardant fillers Polymer fillers Particulate fillers Surface modifiers Thermoplastics Thermosets Elastomers Surface modification
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Fillers for Polymer Applications
- Series Title Polymers and Polymeric Composites: A Reference Series
- Series Abbreviated Title Polymers and Polymeric Composites: A Reference Series
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-28117-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Reference Module Physical and Materials Science
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-28116-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-28117-9
- Series ISSN 2510-3458
- Series E-ISSN 2510-3466
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XI, 489
- Number of Illustrations 89 b/w illustrations, 75 illustrations in colour
Ceramics, Glass, Composites, Natural Materials
Soft and Granular Matter, Complex Fluids and Microfluidics
- Buy this book on publisher's site