Table of contents
About this book
This Reference Work provides a comprehensive overview of bioactive compounds found in underutilized fruits and nuts around the world and it elucidates their pharmacological, biological and health effects. In this book, readers will learn about the potential applications of bioactive molecules presented in several underutilized fruits and nuts rich in carbohydrates, lipids, fats, proteins, polyphenols, carotenoids, vitamins, organic acids, and volatile compounds. Readers will also discover more about the nutraceutical importance of these underutilized crops, and will also find specific case studies of the therapeutic potential of undertilized fruits and nuts.
Written by highly renowned scientists of the field, this reference work appeals to a wide readership, from students and researchers to healthcare and industry professionals interested in plant biotechnology, biology, pharmacology and food engineering.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-06120-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Reference Module Physical and Materials Science
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-06120-3
- Series Print ISSN 2511-834X
- Series Online ISSN 2511-8358