Folate as a Targeting Device for Proteins Utilizing Folate Receptor-Mediated Endocytosis
Part of the Methods in Molecular Medicine™ book series (MIMM, volume 25)
- 641 Downloads
Folic acid (M r = 441, Fig. 1 ) is a vitamin essential for de novo nucleotide synthesis and one-carbon metabolism. The ability to acquire folate, therefore, is important to the viability of proliferating cells.
KeywordsFolate Receptor Reduce Folate Carrier Protein Conjugate Desalting Column Free Folate
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 13.Leamon, C. P., Pastan, I., and Low, P. S. (1993) Cytotoxicity of folate-pseudonomas exotoxin conjugates towards tumor cells. Contribution of translo-cation domain. J. Biol. Chem. 25, 24,847–24,854.Google Scholar
- 14.Lee, R. J. and Low, P. S. (1994) Folate-mediated tumor cell targeting of lipo-some-entrapped doxorubicin in vitro. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1233, 134–144.Google Scholar
- 15.Wang, S., Luo, J., Lantrip, D. A., Waters, D. J., Mathias, C. J., Green, M. A., Fuchs, P. L., and Low, P. S. (1997) Design and Synthesis of 111In-DTPA-Folate for Use as a Tumor-Targeted Radiopharmaceutical. Bioconj. Chem., submitted.Google Scholar
- 16.Mathias, C. J., Waters, D. J., Wang, S., Low, P. S., and Green, M. A. (1997) Indium-111 labeled Indium(III)-DTPA-folate as a radiopharmaceutical for targeting tumor-associated folate receptors: the effect of tumor size on targeting selectivity and radiochemical analysis of excreted tracer, in 12th International Symposium on Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry, Uppsala, Sweden.Google Scholar
- 17.Mathias, C. J., Wang, S., Waters, D. J., Turek, J. J., Low, P. S., and Green, M. A. (1997) Indium-111-DTPA-folate as a radiopharmaceutical for targeting tumor-associated folate binding protein (FBP), in Society of Nuclear Medicine 44th Annual Meeting, San Antonio, Texas.Google Scholar
- 18.Mathias, C. J., Wang, S., Lee, R. J., Waters, D. J., Low, P. S., and Green, M. A. (1996) Tumor-selective radiopharmaceutical targeting via receptor-mediated endocytosis of gallium-67-deferoxamine-folate. J. Nucleic Med. 37, 1003–1008.Google Scholar
- 19.Wang, S., Lee, R. J., Cauchon, G., Gorenstein, D. G., and Low, P. S. (1995) Delivery of antisense oligonucleotides against the human epidermal growth factor receptor into cultured KB cells with liposomes conjugated to folate via polyethyleneglycol. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 92, 13,318–13,322.Google Scholar
© Humana Press Inc. 2000