Isolation and Characterization of Progenitor Cells from Human Adipose Tissue
Adipose progenitor cells have gained a lot of importance recently due to their ability to repair and regenerate injured/diseased tissues especially in the case of metabolically dysregulated conditions. Here, we describe a method to isolate and characterize adipose tissue-derived progenitor cells for their possible therapeutic use.
Key wordsAdipose tissue Progenitor cells Stromal vascular fraction Mesenchymal stem cells Regenerative medicine
- 2.Hao P, Liang Z, Piao H, Ji X, Wang Y, Liu Y, Liu R, Liu J (2014) Conditioned medium of human adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells mediates protection in neurons following glutamate excitotoxicity by regulating energy metabolism and GAP-43 expression. Metab Brain Dis 29:193–205CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.Chen P, Huang Q, Xu XJ, Shao ZL, Huang LH, Yang XZ, Guo W, Li CM, Chen C (2016) The effect of liraglutide in combination with human umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells treatment on glucose metabolism and β cell function in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 55:349–354PubMedGoogle Scholar
- 8.Bourin P, Bunnell BA, Casteilla L, Dominici M, Katz AJ, March KL, Red H, Rubin JP, Yoshimura K, Gimble JM (2013) Stromal cells from the adipose tissue-derived stromal vascular fraction and culture expanded adipose tissue-derived stromal/stem cells: a joint statement of the International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics and Science (IFATS) and the International Society for Cellular Therapy (ISCT). Cytotherapy 15:641–648CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.Cheng K, Kuo T, Kuo K, Hsiao C (2011) Human adipose-derived stem cells: Isolation, characterization and current application in regeneration medicine. Genom Med Biomarkers Health Sci 3:53e62Google Scholar
- 12.Thadani JM, Marathe A, Vyas BK, Vyas RB, Ansarullah A, Kshatriya P, Modiv D, Vakodikar S (2016) Therapeutic application of autologous ADMSCS (adipose derived mesenchymal stem cells) and islet like cell aggregates (ICAS) derived from them in type 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus–a proof of concept study. J Stem Cell Res Dev 3:008Google Scholar