Part of the Contemporary Cardiology book series (CONCARD)
- 703 Downloads
Sudden cardiac death is defined as a sudden natural death caused by cardiac disease that is associated with the following:
An abrupt loss of consciousness within 1 hour of onset of acute symptoms.
Known or unknown pre-existing heart disease.
Unexpected time and mode of death.
KeywordsCardiac Arrest Ventricular Tachycardia Sudden Cardiac Death Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Basic Life Support
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.La, Eliastam M, Kerber, RE, et al. Report of the American Heart Association Task Force on the future of cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Circulation 1992;85:2346.Google Scholar
- 3.Davies MJ. Anatomic features in victims of sudden coronary death. Circulation 1992;85(suppl 1):1–19.Google Scholar
- 4.Dimarco JP. Management of sudden cardiac death survivors: role of surgical and catheter ablation. Circulation 1992;5(Suppl I):1–125.Google Scholar
- 9.Hurwitz JL, Josephson ME. Sudden cardiac death in patients with chronic coronary heart disease. Circulation 1992;85(Suppl I):1–143.Google Scholar
- 10.Kerber RE. Statement on early defibrillation. From The Emergency Cardiac Care Committee, American Heart Association. Circulation 1991;83:2233.Google Scholar
- 16.Ruskin JN. Role of invasive electrophysiological testing in the evaluation and treatment of patients at high risk for sudden cardiac death. Circulation 1992;85(Suppl I):1–152.Google Scholar
- 18.Schwartz PJ, La Rovere MT, Vanoli E. Autonomic nervous system and sudden cardiac death. Experimental basis and clinical observations for post-myocardial infarction risk stratification. Circulation 1992;85(Suppl I):1–77.Google Scholar
- 22.Wellens HJJ, Lemery R, Smeets JL, et al. Sudden arrhythmic death without overt heart disease. Circulation 1991;85(Suppl I):1–92.Google Scholar
- 23.Wenzel V, Krismer AC, Arntz HR, Sitter H, Stadlbauer KH, Lindner KH. European Resuscitation Council Vasopressor during Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Study Group. A comparison of vasopressin and epinephrine for out-of-hospital cardiopulmonary resuscitation. N Engl J Med. 2004;350:105–113.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 24.Zipes DP. Sudden cardiac death. Future approaches. Circulation 1992;85(Suppl I):1–160.Google Scholar
© Humana Press Inc., Totowa, NJ 2005