Developing Research Capacity in Education Schools and Faculties in Newer Universities Seeking Research Excellence and Entrepreneurship
- 186 Downloads
All forms of formal education in Australia—from early childhood through the formal years of schooling to tertiary education—are increasingly under the microscope in Australia, and internationally, with all sectors under pressure to transform their practices by better engaging students, improving student outcomes, and teaching smarter, as well as addressing a range of social and political imperatives.
KeywordsTeacher Education Program Australian Research Council Research Income Australian Research Council Discovery Percent Success Rate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Australian Industry Group (AIG). 2013. Lifting our Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) Skills. Melbourne: AIG. Available online at: www.aigroup.com.au/portal/binary/com.epicentric.contentmanagement.serv-let.ContentDeliveryServlet/LIVE_CONTENT/Publications/Reports/2013/ Ai_Group_Skills_Survey_2012-STEM_FINAL_PRINTED.pdf.Google Scholar
- Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL). 2011. Accreditation of Initial Teacher Education Programs in Australia: Standards and Procedures. April. Melbourne: AITSL. Available online at: http://www.aitsl.edu.au/docs/default-source/initial-teacher-education-resources/accreditation_ of_initial_teacher_education_file.pdf.Google Scholar
- Committee on STEM Education, National Science, and Technology Council. 2013. Federal Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Education: 5-Year Strategic Plan. Washington, DC: Committee on STEM Education, National Science, and Technology Council. Available online at: www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/ostp/stem_stratplan_2013.pdf.Google Scholar
- Parliament of Australia. 2012. Senate Education, Employment and Workplace Relations Committee Inquiry into Teaching and Learning—Maximizing Our Investment in Australian Schools. Canberra: Senate Printing Unit, Parliament House. Available online at: http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Education_Employment_and_Workplace_Relations/ Completed_inquiries/2010–13/teachinglearning/report/~/media/wopapub/senate/committee/eet_ctte/completed_inquiries/2010–13/teaching_learning/report/report.ashx.Google Scholar
- Rocard, M., P. Csermely, D. Jorde, D. Lenzen, H. Walberg-Henriksson, and V. Hemmo. 2007. Science Education NOW: A Renewed Pedagogy for the Future of Europe. Brussels: European Commission Directorate-General for Research. Available online at: http://ec.europa.eu/research/science-society/document_library/pdf_06/report-rocard-on-science-education_en.pdf.Google Scholar
- Science, Technology, and Innovation Council. 2013. Canada’s Science, Technology and Innovation System: Aspiring to Global Leadership. The 2012 State of the Nation Report. Ottawa: Science, Technology and Innovation Council. Available online at: www.stic-csti.ca/eic/site/stic-csti.nsf/vwapj/StateOfTheNation2012-may16-eng.pdf/$file/StateOfTheNation2012-may16-eng.pdf.Google Scholar