Venus in Lesotho
Women, Theater, and the Collapsible Boundaries of Silence
Part of the Comparative Feminist Studies Series book series (CFS)
- 103 Downloads
The words in this list aren’t unusual. What’s unusual is the setting where the list was made and the seven young women determining what should be on it.
KeywordsYoung Woman Ethical Community Global Coalition Past Deed Theater Piece
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Armstrong, Ann E., and Kathleen Juhl. 2007. Radical Acts: Theatre and Feminist Pedagogies of Change. San Francisco: Aunt Lute Books.Google Scholar
- Campbell, Catherine. 2003. Letting Them Die: Why HIV/AIDS Prevention Programmes Fail. Bloomington: Indiana University Press.Google Scholar
- Crais, Clifton, and Pamela Scully. 2009. Sara Baartman and the Hottentot Venus: A Ghost Story and a Biography. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.Google Scholar
- Dolan, Jill. 2001. Geographies of Learning: Theory and Practice, Activism and Performance. Middletown, CT: Wesleyan University Press.Google Scholar
- Global Coalition on Women and AIDS Report. 2004. A UN AIDS Initiative. December 2004. http://data.unaids.org/gcwa/jc986-epiextract_en.pdf (accessed October 10, 2007).
- Global Policy Network Report. 2006. http://www.gpn.org/data/lesotho. html (accessed October 10, 2007).
- Indexmundi. http://www.indexmundi.com/lesotho/demographics_profile. html (accessed February 13, 2007).
- Itano, Nicole. 2005. “In Lesotho and Swaziland, AIDS Activates Women.” Women’s e News, October 24, 2005. http://womensenews.org/story/051024/in-lesotho-and-swaziland-aids-activates-women (accessed November 20, 2007).
- Kushner, Tony. 1997. “The Art of the Difficult.” Civilization 4 (August/ September):62-7.Google Scholar
- Parks, Suzan-Lori. 1997. Venus. New York: Theatre Communications Group.Google Scholar
- Transformation Resources Centre. 2005. “NUL Theatre and Drama Graduates Stage Top Girls in Maseru.” Summary of Events in Lesotho, 4th Quarter, 12 (4). http://www.trc.org.ls/events/events20.054.htm
© Linzi Manicom and Shirley Walters 2012