In all our humanness we love, hate, resist and create organisations. We live in them, work in them, play in them and we like or dislike our colleagues within them. Often, organisations are the blessing and bane of our waking hours, even our dreams, shaping the fabric of our life stories. It follows that the stories we tell others and ourselves about life at school, on the job, in religious, sports and recreational organisations are the stories of our own lives. Clarifying and acknowledging shared stories in the organisations where we spend our time can improve life in those social entities, and the lives of their inhabitants in the process.
KeywordsTeam Member Leadership Skill Human Resource Professional Original Story Attitudinal Commitment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Bochner, S. (2003) ‘Organisational culture and climate’, in M. O’Driscoll, P. Taylor & T. Kalliath (eds), Organisational psychology in Australia and New Zealand (New York: Oxford University Press) pp. 302–22.Google Scholar
- 4.Bales, R. (1970). Personality and interpersonal behaviour (New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston).Google Scholar
- 5.Anderson, M. & Anderson, K. (1997) Text types in English 1 (South Yarra: Macmillan).Google Scholar
- 6.Houston, J. (1987). The search for the beloved: Journeys in mythology and sacred psychology (New York: Jeremy P. Tarcher/Putnam).Google Scholar
- 8.Anderson, M. & Anderson, K. (1997) Text types in English 1 (South Yarra: Macmillan).Google Scholar
- 9.Houston, J. (1987) The search for the beloved: Journeys in mythology and sacred psychology (New York: Jeremy P. Tarcher/Putnam).Google Scholar
- 11.Hughes, J. (1998) ‘Resistance and expression: Working with women prisoners and drama’, in J. Thompson (ed.), Prison theatre: Perspectives and practices (London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers).Google Scholar
- 14.McClelland, D.C. (1985) Human motivation (Glenview, IL: Scott Foreman).Google Scholar
- 16.Bass, B.M. (1990) Bass and Stagdill’s handbook of leadership (3rd edn) (New York: Free Press).Google Scholar
- Rotter, J.B. (1966) ‘Generalised expectancies for external vs internal control of reinforcement’, Psychological monographs.Google Scholar
- 20.Costa, P.T. & McRae, R.R. (1994) NEO personality inventory (Lutz, FL: Psychological Assessment Resources).Google Scholar
- 21.Muchinsky, P.M. (2000) Psychology applied to work (6th edn) (Stamford, CT: Wadsworth Thomas Learning).Google Scholar
- 22.Benedetti, J. (1998) Stansislavski & the actor (London: Methuen).Google Scholar