Introduction: Destination or Journey
Dramatic Psychological Storytelling (DPS) presents a flexible seven-step model for insight and change. Anchored by Expressive Art and the action method, Psychotheatrics, DPS combines drama (expression through seven different Expressive Art types), with psychology (experiences of the individual and the collective), and storytelling (the content, the expression of an experience or situation). DPS creates a visual phenomenological, intersubjective framework as it depicts challenges, strategies and outcomes, whilst developing a dynamic storybook.
KeywordsCollective Setting Witness Process Personal Trauma Narrative Film Rational Intellect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Beck, Renee & Metrick, Sydney, Barbara (2003) The art of ritual (Berkeley, California: Celestial Arts Press) p. 10.Google Scholar
- 2.Ganis, Sid (6 March 2006) President, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (Academy Awards Ceremony Los Angeles).Google Scholar
- 5.Pennebaker, J.W. (1997) Opening up: The healing power of expressing emotions (New York: Guilford Press).Google Scholar
- 7.Pennebaker, J.W. (1997) Opening up: The healing power of expressing emotions (New York: Guilford Press).Google Scholar
- 9.Based on the work of Stanislavski-Benedetti, J. (1998) Stansislavski & the actor (London: Metheun).Google Scholar