Although the notion of ‘agency’ has always been central to the 50-year old discipline of Artificial Intelligence, the research focus within this field has historically been on isolated, disembodied intelligences. It is only since the early 1980s, and the emergence of the sub-field known as distributed AI, that the emphasis within this community began to change, and focus on cooperative problem-solving and teamwork (Bond and Gasser, 1988).
KeywordsModel Check Grand Coalition Strategic Game Model Check Problem Extensive Game
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Alur, R., T. A. Henzinger and O. Kupferman (1997) ‘Alternating-time temporal logic’, Proceedings of the 38th IEEE Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, 100–109.Google Scholar
- Alur, R., T. A. Henzinger, F. Y. C. Mang, S. Qadeer, S. K. Rajamani and S. Tasiran (1998) ‘Mocha: Modularity in Model Checking’ in CAV 1998: Tenth International Conference on Computer-aided Verification, (LNCS Volume 1427), Springer, pp. 521–525.Google Scholar
- Binmore, K. (1992) Fun and Games: A Text on Game Theory (D. C. Heath and Company: Lexington, MA.).Google Scholar
- Bond, A. H. and L. Gasser (eds) (1988) Readings in Distributed Artificial Intelligence (Morgan Kaufmann).Google Scholar
- Emerson, E. A. (1990) ‘Temporal and Modal Logic’ in J. van Leeuwen (ed.) Handbook of Theoretical Computer Science, Volume B: Formal Models and Semantics, 996–1072.Google Scholar
- Hansen, H. and M. Pauly (2002) ‘Axiomatising Nash-Consistent Coalition Logic’ in S. Flesca, S. Greco, N. Leone and G. Ianni (eds), Logics in Artificial Intelligence, LNAI 2424.Google Scholar
- Jamroga, W. and W. van der Hoek (2004) ‘Agents that Know how to Play’. Accepted for Informaticae.Google Scholar
- Moore, R. C. (1990) ‘A Formal Theory of Knowledge and Action’ in J. F. Allen, J. Hendler and A. Tate (eds), Readings in Planning (Morgan Kaufmann Publishers) pp. 480–519.Google Scholar
- Osborne, M. J. and A. Rubinstein (1994) A Course in Game Theory (Cambridge Ma.: MIT Press).Google Scholar
- Papadimitriou, C. H. (1994) Computational Complexity (Addison-Wesley: Reading, Ma.).Google Scholar