A group of 30 middle managers divided roughly equally between the sexes had assembled off-site to discuss their company’s new “diversity” program.
KeywordsLeadership Style Corporate Culture Harvard Business Review Female Gender Role Senior Woman
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The Red Queen. Sex and the Evolution of Human Nature, Matt Ridley, Viking, 1993.Google Scholar
- 2.The truth about men and women is too hot to handle, Andrew Sullivan, The Sunday Times, January 23, 2005.Google Scholar
- 3.The Psychology of Sex Differences, E. E. Maccoby and C. N. Jacklin, Stanford University Press, 1974;Google Scholar
- Sex Evolution and Behaviour, M. Daly and M. Wilson, Wadsworth, Belmont, 1983;Google Scholar
- Brain Sex: the Real Difference between Men and Women, A. Moir and D. Jessel, Lyle Stuart, 1991.Google Scholar
- 4.Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, John Gray, HarperCollins, 1992.Google Scholar
- 5.Sex Differences, K. B. Hoyenga and K. Hoyenga, Little Brown, 1980.Google Scholar
- 6.You Just Don’t Understand: Women and Men in Conversation, D. Tannen, William Morrow, 1990.Google Scholar
- 7.Do women lack ambition?, Harvard Business Review, Anna Fels, April 2004.Google Scholar
- 9.Transformational, transactional and laissez-faire leadership styles: a meta-analysis comparing women and men, A. H. Eagly, M. C. Johannesen-Schmidt and M. L. van Engen, Psychological Bulletin 2003, 129(4).Google Scholar
- 10.Politics and power in organizations: why women lose out, Sandi Mann, Leadership & Organizational Development Journal, 1995, 16(2).Google Scholar
- 11.Nature via Nurture, Matt Ridley, Fourth Estate, 2003.Google Scholar
- 12.Women and the MBA: Gateway to Opportunity, Catalyst, University of Michigan Business School, June, 2000.Google Scholar
- 13.Breaking b-school gender barriers, Francesca Di Meglio, BusinessWeek Online, December 1, 2004.Google Scholar
- 14.Off-ramps and on-ramps. Keeping talented women on the road to success, Sylvia Ann Hewlett and Carolyn Buck Luce, Harvard Business Review, March 2005.Google Scholar
- 15.The puzzle of the lost women, Alison Maitland, Financial Times, March 1, 2005.Google Scholar
- 16.Reaching the Top: Five Factors that impact the Retention and Effectiveness of the Most Talented Senior Women, W. Wallace, Leadership Forum Inc., 2004.Google Scholar
© Peninah Thomson and Jacey Graham 2005