James Ramsay MacDonald — An ‘Aristocrat’ among Plain Men?
No person ever did more to help build up a new political party than James Ramsay MacDonald. Few subsequently did more to damage their own creation. That was the essential tragedy of his life.
KeywordsBurning Income Expense Glaucoma Lution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cole, Margaret, (ed.), Beatrice Webb’s Diaries 1924–1932, London, Longman, 1956.Google Scholar
- Cox, Jane, (ed.), A Singular Marriage: Ramsay and Margaret MacDonald, London, Harrap, 1988.Google Scholar
- Elton, Lord, Dictionary of National Biography, 1931–1940, London, Oxford University Press, 1949, pp. 562–70.Google Scholar
- Jeffreys, Kevin, (ed.), Leading Labour: From Keir Hardie to Tony Blair, London, Tauris, 1999.Google Scholar
- MacDonald, J. Ramsay, Margaret Ethel MacDonald, London, Hodder & Stoughton, 1912.Google Scholar
- Marquand, David, Ramsay MacDonald, London, Jonathan Cape, 1977.Google Scholar
© Dick Leonard 2005