Who Wears the Trousers? Women in Relationships
- 62 Downloads
‘Girl power’ has never looked stronger. While the world’s boardrooms may still be run largely by men, when it comes to relationships and family life it’s women who frequently wear the trousers. Women have learnt how to be individuals within their relationships and also emerge as the leaders in family life. Just take a look at the number of women heading up single-parent families as the sole breadwinner. We’re not only leaders in practical terms in these situations but we’re also emerging as leaders when it comes to our emotional strength and inherent sense of survival, which comes to the fore when we’re under pressure whether through work, family or relationship problems.
KeywordsChief Executive Single Woman Previous Partner Emotional Strength Mortgage Broker
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Neil Armstrong quote taken from BBC news website — http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/july/21/newsid_2635000/2635845.stm.
- Reference to ‘Home Alone’ broadcast August 2003. http://www.kenanmalik.com/tv/analysis_singleton.html.
- Reference to number of single women in property market — http://news.bbc.co.uk/l/hi/business/2525561.stm.
- Reference to Nicole Kidman — http://news.bbc.co.Uk/l/hi/in_depth/entertainment/2002/oscars_2002/1768843.stm.
- Reference to effect of relationships on men and women — http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_849244.html?menu-news.surveys.
- Financial Women’s Association — http://www.fwa.org/aboutus/history.htm.