Introduction to Financial Ratio Analysis
Part of the Finance and Capital Markets Series book series (FCMS)
The second chapter in our brief look at equity analysis considers some key concepts in finance, followed by an introduction to financial ratio analysis.
KeywordsRisk Premium Share Price Equity Capital Capital Asset Price Model Efficient Market Hypothesis
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Selected References and Bibliography
- Fama, E. ‘The behaviour of stock market prices’, Journal of Business, January 1965, pp. 34–105.Google Scholar
- Fama, E. and French, K. ‘The cross-section of expected stock returns’, Journal of Finance, June 1992, pp. 427–65.Google Scholar
- Fisher, I. Theory of Interest, Macmillan, 1930.Google Scholar
- Hirshleifer, J. ‘On the theory of optimal investment decisions’, Journal of Political Economy, 1958, pp. 329–72.Google Scholar
- Markowitz, H. Portfolio Selection, Yale University Press, 1959.Google Scholar
- Mills, R. Strategic Value Analysis, Mars Business Associates, 1994.Google Scholar
- Roll, R. and Ross, S. A. ‘On the cross-sectional relation between expected returns and betas’, Yale School of Management Working Paper No. 21, 1992.Google Scholar
- Ross, S. A. ‘The arbitrage theory of capital pricing’, Journal of Economic Theory, December 1976, pp. 343–62.Google Scholar
- Sharpe, W. ‘Capital asset prices: a theory of market equilibrium under conditions of risk’, Journal of Finance, September 1964, pp. 425–42.Google Scholar
© Moorad Choudhry, Didier Joannas, Richard Pereira and Rod Pienaar 2005