The Maintenance of Peace and Security
Two principal direct approaches to the maintenance of international peace and security, the fundamental purpose of the United Nations, are set out in the UN Charter.
KeywordsSecurity Council Nuclear Weapon Military Force International Peace North Atlantic Treaty Organization
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abi-Saab, Georges. The United Nations Operation in the Congo 1960–1964. New York: Oxford University Press, 1978.Google Scholar
- Barnett, Michael H. Eyewitness to a Genocide: the United Nations and Rwanda. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press, 2002.Google Scholar
- Blix, Hans. Disarming Iraq: the Search for Weapons of Mass Destruction. London: Bloomsbury, 2004.Google Scholar
- Boutros-Ghali, Boutros. An Agenda for Peace: Preventive Diplomacy, Peacemaking and Peace-keeping. New York: United Nations, 1992.Google Scholar
- Claude, Inis L. Jr. Power and International Relations. New York: Random House, 1964.Google Scholar
- Findlay, Trevor. Cambodia: The Legacy and Lessons of UNTAC. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1995.Google Scholar
- Goodrich, Leland M. Korea: A Study of U.S. Policy. New York: Council on Foreign Relations, 1956.Google Scholar
- Gordenker, Leon and Weiss, Thomas G. (eds). Soldiers, Peacekeepers and Disasters. London: Macmillan, 1992.Google Scholar
- Hill, S.M. and Malik, Sh. P. Peacekeeping and the United Nations. Aldershot: Dartmouth Publishing Co., 1996.Google Scholar
- Price, Richard M. and Zacher, Mark W. (eds). The United Nations and Global Security. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2004.Google Scholar
- Ratner, Steven R. The New UN Peacekeeping: Building Peace in Lands of Conflict after the Cold War. New York: St. Martin’s Press, 1995.Google Scholar
- Weiss, Thomas G. (ed.). Beyond Subcontracting. Houndmills, Basingstoke: Macmillan Press, Ltd., 1998.Google Scholar
- Weiss, Thomas G. (ed.). Collective Security in a Changing World. London: Lynn Rienner Publishers, 1993.Google Scholar
- Whitman, Jim. Peacekeeping and the UN Agencies. London: Frank Cass Publishers, 1999.Google Scholar
© Peter R. Baehr and Leon Gordenker 2005