Retail Banking for Households in Portugal
In the last 25 years, retail banking for households in Portugal has seen relevant and decisive changes, and its size in relation to GDP has grown significantly. This chapter aims to capture and analyze these changes and this growth from two different perspectives: the main players, their strategies, and their evolution; and the main impacts on the overall financial intermediation figures at a national level and in an international euro area comparison.
KeywordsCredit Card Euro Area Mutual Fund European Central Consumer Credit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Associação Portuguesa de Bancos (Portuguese Banking Association) (various dates) Activity Reports, Lisbon: APB.Google Scholar
- Banco de Portugal (various dates) Statistical Bulletins, Lisbon: Banco de Portugal.Google Scholar
- Confidencial Imobiliário (various dates) Indexes and Publications, Lisbon: Confidencial Imobiliário.Google Scholar
- Eurofound (2012) “Household Debt Advisory Services in the European Union,” working paper, Dublin: Eurofound.Google Scholar
- European Central Bank (various dates) Eurosystem, various statistics, http://www.ecb.int.
- Instituto Nacional de Estatística (various dates) Unemployement Statistics, Lisbon: INE.Google Scholar
- PORDATA (various dates) Banco de Dados Portugal Contemporâneo, http://www.pordata.pt.