Consolidation and the Evolution of Governance Models in Portuguese Financial Institutions
Discussion of corporate governance in financial institutions (namely banks) has been recentered in the last five years and the fall of Lehman Brothers and other financial institutions is to be accounted liable for that event.1 It is, in fact, an example that shows us that from an hazardous event a positive movement can be created.
KeywordsCorporate Governance Audit Committee European Central Bank Supervisory Board Governance Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Amaral, Luís Mira (2010) E Depois da Crise? Cenários para a Evoluçãāo da Economia Mundial e Portuguesa, Lisbon: Bnomics.Google Scholar
- Associação Portuguesa de Bancos (2010) ”Síntese do Sistema Bancário Português,” March.Google Scholar
- Bank of Portugal (2010) “Financial Stability Report,” November.Google Scholar
- Sousa, A. Rebelo de (2009) Manual de Economia do Desenvolvimento, Lisbon: ISCSP.Google Scholar
- Sousa, A. Rebelo de (2013) Da Economia Política, 2nd edn, Loures: Diário de Bordo.Google Scholar