A military coup on 17 July 1973 led by Mohammad Daoud overthrew King Zahir Shah and set up a Republic. President Daoud was killed in a military coup in April 1978 which led to the establishment of a pro-Soviet government of the People’s Democratic Party of Afghanistan (PDPA).
KeywordsCotton Textile Central Committee Military Coup Main Bank Bandar Abba
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Amin, S. H., Law, Reform and Revolution in Afghanistan. London. 1991Google Scholar
- Arney, G., Afghanistan. London, 1990Google Scholar
- Ghaus, A. S., The Fall of Afghanistan: An Insider’ s Account. Oxford, 1988Google Scholar
- Giradet, E. R., Afghanistan: The Soviet War. London, 1985Google Scholar
- Hammond, T. T., Red Star over Afghanistan. Boulder and London, 1984Google Scholar
- Hanifi, M. J., Historical and Cultural Dictionary of Afghanistan. Metuchen, 1976Google Scholar
- Jones, S., Afghanistan. [Bibliography]. Oxford and Santa Barbara, 1991Google Scholar
- Sykes, P. M., A History of Afghanistan. 2 vols. New York, 1975Google Scholar