- 8 Downloads
HISTORY. Following the break-up of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, the Republic of Austria was proclaimed on 12 Nov. 1918. On 12 March 1938 Austria was forcibly absorbed in the German Reich as Ostmark until it was liberated by the Allied armies in 1945. On 27 April 1945 a provisional government was set up and was recognized by the Allies on 20 Oct. 1945. Austria recovered its full independence by the Austrian State Treaty, (signed on 15 May 1955).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Statistical Information: The Austrian Central Statistical Office was founded in 1829. Address: Hintere Zollamtsstrasze 2b, 1033 Vienna. President: Mag. Erich Bader.Google Scholar
- Main publications:Google Scholar
- Statistisches Handbuch für die Republik Österreich. New Series from 1950. AnnuallyGoogle Scholar
- Statistische Nachrichten. MonthlyGoogle Scholar
- Beiträge zur österreichischen Statistik (970 vols.)Google Scholar
- Statistik in Österreich 1918–1938. [Bibliography] Vienna, 1985Google Scholar
- Veröffentlichtungen des Österr. Statist. Zentralamtes 1945–1985. [Bibliography] Vienna, 1986Google Scholar
- Bobek, H. (ed.) Atlas de Republik Österreich. 3 vols. Vienna, 1961 ff.Google Scholar
- Salt, D., Austria. [Bibliography] Oxford and Santa Barbara, 1986Google Scholar
- Sotriffer, K., Greater Austria: 100 Years of Intellectual and Social Life from 1800 to the Present Time. Vienna, 1982Google Scholar
- Sully, M. A., A Contemporary History of Austria. London, 1990Google Scholar
- National Library: Österreichische Nationalbibliothek, Vienna. Director General: Dr Magda Strebl.Google Scholar