Malawi, formerly Nyasaland (until 1907 British Central Africa) Protectorate, constituted on 15 May 1891, lies along the southern and western shores of Lake Nyasa (the third largest lake in Africa, about 360 miles in length and from 10 to 50 miles wide), and extends towards the Zambezi.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Annual Report, 1961. HMSO, 1963Google Scholar
- Debenham, F., Nyasaland. HMSO, 1956Google Scholar
- Gelfand, M., Lakeside Pioneers. Socio-medical study of Nyasaland, 1875–1920. Oxford, 1964Google Scholar
- Sanderson, G. M., A Dictionary of the Yao Language. ZombaGoogle Scholar
- Scott, D. C., Dictionary of the Nyanja Language. Ed. A. Hetherwick. London, 1929Google Scholar