Rhodesia (formerly Southern Rhodesia)
Prior to Oct. 1923 Southern Rhodesia, like Northern Rhodesia, was under the administration of the British South Africa Company. In Oct. 1922 Southern Rhodesia voted in favour of responsible government. On 12 Sept. 1923 the country was formally annexed to His Majesty’s Dominions, and on 1 Oct. 1923 government was established under a. governor, assisted by an executive council, and a legislature.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Gray, R., The Two Nations: aspects of the development of race relations in the Rhodesias and Nyasaland. OUP, 1960Google Scholar
- Levin, B. S. (ed.), Central African Airways Guide to the Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland. Annual (from 1957)Google Scholar
- Mason, P., The Birth of a Dilemma: The Conquest and Settlement of Rhodesia. OUP, 1958.—Year of Decision. OUP, 1960Google Scholar
- Kane, N. S., The World’s View: the story of Southern Rhodesia. London, 1955Google Scholar
- Leys, C., European Politics in Southern Rhodesia. OUP, 1959Google Scholar