A New Reality, A New Clientele
The Holiday Inn reopened in late June 1992, by which time the siege of Sarajevo had begun. This chapter focuses on the fate of the journalists still in the city, their eventual withdrawal from it in May 1992, and their return the following month. The author also provides an overview of how the hotel was brought back into a functioning state and why, despite its exposed position, the hotel became the city’s only press hotel, albeit one located directly on the frontline.
- Calame, J., & Charlesworth, E. (2009). Divided Cities: Belfast, Beirut, Jerusalem, Mostar and Nicosia. Pennsylvania: University of Pennsylvania Press.Google Scholar
- Donia, R. (2012). Iz Skupštine Republike Srpske 1991–1996: Izvodi iz izlaganja poslanika skupštine Republike Srpske kao dokazni material ns medjunarodnom krivičnom tribunal u Hagu. Sarajevo: University Press.Google Scholar
- Glenny, M. (1996). The Fall of Yugoslavia (3rd ed.). London: Penguin.Google Scholar
- Grebo, K. (1998). Privreda u opkoljenom Sarajevu. Sarajevo: OKO.Google Scholar
- Hoare, M. A. (2004). How Bosnia Armed. London: Saqi Books.Google Scholar
- Ingrao, C., & Emmert, T. (Eds.) (2013). Confronting the Yugoslav Controversies: A Scholars’ Initiative (2nd ed.). West Lafayette, Indiana: Purdue University Press.Google Scholar
- Lowe, P. (2014). The Siege of Sarajevo. Sarajevo: Galerija 11/07/95.Google Scholar
- Lowe, Paul, ‘Portfolio: The Siege of Sarajevo’, Photography and Culture, Volume 8, Issue 1, 2015, pp. 135-142.Google Scholar
- Lučarević, K. (2000). The Battle for Sarajevo: Sentenced to Victory. Sarajevo: TZU.Google Scholar
- Maass, P. (1996). Love Thy Neighbour: A Story of War. London: Papermac.Google Scholar
- Magaš, B., & Žanić, I. (Eds.) (2001). The War in Croatia and Bosnia-Herzegovina 1991–1995. London: Frank Cass.Google Scholar
Open Access This chapter is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial License, which permits any noncommercial use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.