Case Study: How Experiential Learning Facilitates the Formation of a Public–Private Partnership in Russia
The number of partnerships in Russia, mostly concessions, grew to over 600 in 2016. Although there was a notable increase in the number of concessions at the municipal level, progress at the federal and regional levels remains small. What hinders the formation of PPPs? If partnerships can be formed more quickly and easily, this offers societal benefits via an increased volume of public services and profits to the private providers of these services. Additional benefits include accelerated economic development, more jobs, greater efficiency in service provision, and potential technological and management innovation. Can experiential learning facilitate PPP development? How can parties engage in a partnership faster and more effectively? This chapter intends to answer these questions, at least in part.
KeywordsExperiential Learning Learning Cycle Concrete Experience Federal Legislation Back Door
- Federalnyi Zakon Rossiyskoy Federatsii #115–FZ. 2005. O Contsessionnykh soglasheniyakh (in Russian) (Federal Law #115–FZ On concessionary agreements). http://www.rg.ru/2005/07/26/koncessii-dok.html. Accessed 12 November 2012.
- Federalnyi Zakon Rossiyskoy Federatsii #257–FZ. 2007. Ob avtomobil’nykh dorogax i o dorozhnoy deyatel’nosti v Rossiyskoy Federatsii i o vnesenii izmeneniy v otdelnye zakonodatel’nye akty Rossiyskoy Federatsii (in Russian) (Federal Law #257–FZ On automobile roads and on road activity in the Russian Federation and on amendments to selected laws of the Russian Federation Article 37, Section 1). http://www.rg.ru/2007/11/14/dorogi-dok.html. Accessed 12 November 2012.
- Kelly, C. 1997. David Kolb, the theory of experiential learning and ESL. The Internet TESL Journal 3(9). http://iteslj.org/Articles/Kelly-Experiential/. Accessed 18 December 2012.
- Kolb, D.A. 1976. The learning style inventory: Technical manual. Boston, MA: McBer.Google Scholar
- Kolb, D.A. 1981. Learning styles and disciplinary differences. In The modern American college, ed. A.W. Chickering. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.Google Scholar
- Kolb, D.A. 1984. Experiential learning: Experience as the source of learning and development. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.Google Scholar
- Kolb, D.A., and R. Fry. 1975. Toward an applied theory of experiential learning. In Theories of group process, ed. C. Cooper. London: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Sopryakov, V. 2012. Platnoye – ne znachit dorogoe (in Russian) (Toll service does not have to be expensive). Avtomobilnye Dorogi 4: 123–124.Google Scholar