- 139 Downloads
This chapter presents current trends for Asian and Pacific Islander LGBT communities. More specifically, five unique areas are explored: trans* issues, immigration, marriage, economics, and health.
KeywordsTrans* issues Immigration Marriage Economics Health
- Albeda, R., M. V. L. Badgett, A. Schneebaum, and G. J. Gates. 2009. Poverty in the Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Community. Williams Institute, UCLA School of Law. Retrieved from http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/Albelda-Badgett-Schneebaum-Gates-LGB-Poverty-Report-March-2009.pdf.
- Badgett, M.V.L., B. Sears, H. Lau, and D. Ho. 2009. Bias in the Workplace: Consistent Evidence of Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Discrimination 1998–2008. Chicago Kent Review 2(84): 559–595.Google Scholar
- Battle, J., A.J. Pastrana Jr., and J. Daniels. 2013. Social Justice Sexuality Survey: The Executive Summary for the Asian and Pacific Islander Population. New York. Retrieved from http://socialjusticesexuality.com/files/2014/09/API_ExecutiveSummary_062013.pdf.
- Funders for LGBTQ Issues. 2014. 2013 Tracking Report: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Grantmaking by U.S. Foundations. Retrieved from https://www.lgbtfunders.org/files/2013_Tracking_Report.pdf.
- Gates, G.J., and F. Newport. 2012. Special Report: 3.4% of U.S. Adults Identify as LGBT. Gallup. Retrieved from www.gallup.com/poll/158066/special-report-adults-identify-lgbt.aspx.
- Grant, J.M., L.A. Mottel, J. Tanis, J. Harrison, J.L. Herman, and M. Keisling. 2011. Injustice at Every Turn: A Report of the National Transgender Discrimination Survey. Washington, DC: National Center for Transgender Equality and National Gay and Lesbian Task Force.Google Scholar
- Kalhan, A. 2010. Rethinking Immigration Detention. Columbia Law Review Sidebar 110: 42–58.Google Scholar
- Konnoth, C., and G.J. Gates. 2011. Same-sex Couples and Immigration in the United States. Williams Institute, UCLA School of Law.Retrieved from http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/Gates-Konnoth-Binational-Report-Nov-2011.pdf.
- Krehely, J. 2009. How to Close the LGBT Health Disparities Gap: Disparities by Race and Ethnicity. Center for American Progress. Retrieved from https://cdn.americanprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/issues/2009/12/pdf/lgbt_health_disparities_race.pdf.
- National Center for Transgender Equality. 2010. National Transgender Discrimination Survey: A Look at Asian American, South Asian, Southeast Asian and Pacific Islander Respondents. Retrieved from http://transequality.org/issues/resources/national-transgender-discrimination-survey-look-asian-american-south-asian.
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force. 2014. Fact Sheet: LGBTQ People and Immigration. Retrieved from http://www.thetaskforce.org/static_html/downloads/reports/fact_sheets/immigration_factsheet_10_8_14.pdf.
- Pew Research Center. 2013a. A Survey of LGBT Americans: Attitudes, Experiences, and Values in Changing Times. Retrieved from http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/files/2013/06/SDT_LGBT-Americans_06-2013.pdf.
- Pew Research Center. 2014. Record Share of Americans Have Never Married: As Values, Economics and Gender Patterns Change.Retrieved from http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2014/09/24/record-share-of-americans-have-never-married/.
- Pew Research Center. 2015a. Broad Public Support for Legal Status for Undocumented Immigrants: Other Attitudes About Immigration More Mixed. Retrieved from http://www.people-press.org/2015/06/04/broad-public-support-for-legal-status-for-undocumented-immigrants/.
- Pew Research Center. 2015b. Changing Attitudes on Gay Marriage. Retrieved from http://www.pewforum.org/2015/06/08/graphics-slideshow-changing-attitudes-on-gay-marriage/.
- Sears, B., and C. Mallory 2011. Documented Evidence of Employment Discrimination & Its Effects on LGBT People. Williams Institute, UCLA School of Law. Retrieved from http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/Sears-Mallory-Discrimination-July-20111.pdf.
- U.S. Bureau of the Census. 2011. Income, Poverty, and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2010. Retrieved from http://www.census.gov/prod/2011pubs/p60-239.pdf.
© The Author(s) 2017