China’s Anti-Japanese War and the Independence Movement on the Korean Peninsula
Korea was under Japanese colonial rule for 36 years, from 1910 when it was occupied by Japan, through to the Japanese surrender in 1945. During this period, Korea’s anti-Japanese independence movement grew as an underground movement on the Korean peninsula, while expanding overseas to China, as well as to the United States, the Soviet Union, and Japan.
KeywordsKorean Peninsula Chinese Communist Party Korean People Independence Movement Korean Youth
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Yanbian Chaoxianzu Zizhi Zhou Gaikuang (Yanji: Yanbian Renmin Chubanshe, 1984), 71.Google Scholar
- 5.Yang Su and Yang Meiqing, Zhou Baozhong Jiangjun (Kunming: Yunnan Minzu Chubanshe, 1998), 406.Google Scholar
- 6.Zhoubao Zhongwenxuan (Yanji: Yunnan Renmin Chubanshe, 1985), 127.Google Scholar
- 7.Zhou Baozhong, Jiefangjun Jiangling Zhuan (Beijing: Jiefangjun Chubanshe, 1985), 242, 245.Google Scholar
- 8.Kim-Il-sung-dong-ji Hoe-go-rok: Se-gi-wa Deo-bu-reo (Gye-seung-bon) (Pyeong-Yang: Chosun Rodongdang Chul-pan-sa, 1998), 472.Google Scholar
- 9.Zhu De, Jianli Dongfang Geminzu de Fanfa Xisi Tongyi Zhanxian (Chongqing: Xinhua Ribao, January 1, 1942).Google Scholar
- 10.Also known as the North China Korean Youth Association. See Joseon-min-jok-hae-bang-tou-jaeng-sa (Shanxi: Joseon-lyeok-sa-pyeon-chan-wi, 1949), 133–135.Google Scholar
- 17.James Irving Matray, The Reluctant Crusade: American Foreign Policy in Korea, 1941–1950 (Honolulu: University of Hawaii Press, 1985), 30 (endnote 9).Google Scholar
- 20.Wang Wei, “Wang Wei Tongzhi zai Zhonggong Qida Dahuishang de Fayan,” in Yang Shaoquan (ed.), Guan Nei Diqu Chaoxianren Fanri Duli Yundong Ziliao Huibian (Shenyang: Liaoning Minzu Chubanshe, 1987), 1439. NB: Wang Wei and Piao Yiyu are the same person.Google Scholar
- 29.Zhongguo Jindai Xiandai Shi Lun Ji (Taiwan: Taiwan Shangwu Yinshuguan, 1985), 847.Google Scholar
- 33.Zhang Qun and Huang Shaogu (eds.), Jiang Zongtong dui Shijie Ziyou Heping zhi Gongxian (Taipei: China Cultural Service, 1968), 287–288.Google Scholar
- 34.Zhonghua Minguo Shishi Jiyao (Chugao)—Zhonghua Minguo Sanshisinian Shiyiyue (Taipei: Zhongyang Wenwu Gongyingshe, 1945), 599–601.Google Scholar