Chinese Views of North Korea’s Regional Role
North Korea is widely criticized because of its nuclear policy and extreme behavior. However, the country is also the victim of strategic games played by major powers. Understanding the potentially positive role North Korea can play in maintaining regional peace and prosperity; addressing the security concerns of all parties for mutual safety; conducting economic cooperation for mutual development; and encouraging North Korea to transform its regional role, are necessary conditions for a new Asia Pacific regional order.
KeywordsKorean Peninsula Security Concern Regional Security Strategic Game Regional Affair
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yan Xuetong, Zhongguo Guojia Liyi Fenxi (Tianjin: Tianjin Renmin Chubanshe, 1996), 169.Google Scholar
- 2.Sun Ru, Chaohe Wenti Diqu Hezuo Jincheng Yanjiu (Beijing: Shishi Chubanshe, 2009), 161.Google Scholar
- 5.Jiang Longfan and Piao Yanhua, “Zhongchao Guanxi Xianzhuang yu Zhanwang,” Dongbeiya Yanjiu, 4 (2002), 23.Google Scholar
- 6.Please see, Liu Qingcai (ed.), Dongbeiya Diyuan Zhengzhi yu Zhongguo Diyuan Zhanlue (Tianjin: Tianjin Renmin Chubanshe, 2007); Shi Yongming, “Chaohe Wenti yu Dongbeiya Anquan,” Guoji Wenti Yanjiu 5 (2003), 52–54.Google Scholar
- 12.Jin Meihua, “Chaoxian Jingji: Nengfou Dakai Qiangsheng Daguo Zhimen, Shijie Zhishi, 12 (2012), 26.Google Scholar
- 14.Please see, Shi Yongming, “Chaoxian Bandao de Zhanlue Kunju,” Yafei Zongheng 5 (2012), 15–20.Google Scholar