Identifying a New, More Effective Role for China vis-à-vis Korean peninsula Issues through an Integrated Class Analysis Approach with Chinese Characteristics
In constructing a theoretical approach to analyzing issues on the Korean peninsula with Chinese characteristics, this chapter argues, first, that North Korea should be seen as a rational actor in international affairs; and, second, that the security structure on the Korean peninsula should be recognized as asymmetric. In terms of methodology, this analysis employs an integrated class analysis method, utilizing both a national analysis method and an international relationship analysis method. In addition, it insists on an approach to studying Korean peninsula issues that is objective and independent.
KeywordsKorean Peninsula Nuclear Weapon Security Structure Nuclear Deterrence Missile Defense
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Kaer Makesi [Karl Marx], Makesi Engesi Quanji, 22 (Beijing: Renmin Chubanshe, 1965), 592.Google Scholar
- 3.Chen Zhenming and Chen Binghui (eds.), Zhengzhixue: Gainian, Lilun, Fangfa (Beijing: Zhongguo Shehui Kexue Chubanshe, 2004), 174–176.Google Scholar
- 6.Piao Jianyi, “Dangqian Chaoxian Bandao Anquan Weiji de Genyuan yu Qianjing,” in Zhang Jie and Yang Danshi (eds.), Zhongguo Zhoubian Anquan Xingshi Pinggu (Xianggang: Xianggang Shehui Kexue Chubanshe, 2011), 32–34.Google Scholar
- 14.Yang Xuetong and Yan Liang (eds.), Guojiguanxi Fenxi (Beijing: Beijing Daxue Chubanshe, 2008), 180.Google Scholar
- 15.Henry Kissinger, Does America Need a Foreign Policy?: Toward a Diplomacy for the 21st Century, (New York: Simon & Schuster, 2002), 126–132.Google Scholar
- 16.Ma Yunpeng, Li Mingbo [Lee Myung-bak] Zhengfu dui Chao Zhengce de Zhuanbian Jiqi Yingxiang (LLM. Dissertation, Shanghai Jiatong Daxue, 2011), 27.Google Scholar
- 21.Chen Fengjun and Wang Chuanjian, Yatai Daguo Yu Chaoxian Bandao (Beijing: Beijing Daxue Chubanshe, 2002), 105.Google Scholar
- 28.Zhu Liaoye, “‘Hou Chao he Shiqi de Zhongchao Guanxi Zoushi,” Liaodong Xueyuan Xuebao (December 2010) 12, 126.Google Scholar