République Islamique Arabe et Africaine de Mauritanie
Part of the The Statesman’s Yearbook book series (SYBK)
Mauritania became a French protectorate in 1903 and a colony in 1920. It achieved full independence on 28 Nov. 1960. Mauritania became a one-party state in 1964.
KeywordsAnnual Population Growth Rate Full Independence Islamic Jurisprudence Senate Election International Flight
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Belvaud, C., La Mauritanie. Paris, 1992Google Scholar
- Calderini, S., et al., Mauritania. [Bibliography] ABC-Clio, Oxford and Santa Barbara (CA), 1992Google Scholar
- Pazzanita, A. G., The Maghreb. [Bibliography] ABC-Clio, Oxford and Santa Barbara (CA), 1998Google Scholar
- National statistical office: Office National de la Statistique, BP240, Nouakchott.Google Scholar
- Website: http://www.ons.mr/
© Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 2003