Vatican City State
For many centuries the Popes bore temporal sway over a territory stretching across mid-Italy. In the 19th century the Papal States were incorporated into the Italian Kingdom. On 1 1 Feb. 1929 a treaty between the Italian Government and the Vatican recognized the sovereignty of the Holy See in the city of the Vatican.
- Bull, G., Inside the Vatican. London. 1982Google Scholar
- Cardinale, I., The Holy See and the International Order. Gcrrards Cross, 1976Google Scholar
- Mayer, K et al. The Vatican: Portrait of a State and a Community. Dublin. 1980Google Scholar
- Nichols, P., The Pope’s Divisions. London. 1981Google Scholar
- Reese, T., Inside the Vatican. Harvard Univ. Press. 1997Google Scholar
- Walsh, M. J., Vatican City Slate. [Bibliography] ABC-Clio. Ox lord and Santa Barbara (CA). 1983Google Scholar