ST Kitts and Nevis
The islands of St Kitts (formerly St Christopher) and Nevis were discovered and named by Columbus in 1493. They were settled by Britain in 1623 and 1628 respectively, but ownership was disputed with France until 1783. They formed part of the Leeward Islands Federation from 1871 to 1956, and part of the Federation of the West Indies from 1958 to 1962. In Feb. 1967 the colonial status was replaced by an ’association’ with Britain, giving the islands full internal self-government. St Kitts and Nevis became fully independent on 19 Sept. 1983.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Statistics Division. National Accounts. Annual.—St Kitts and Nevis Quarterly. Google Scholar
- Gordon, J., Nevis: Queen of the Caribees. London, 1985Google Scholar
- Moll, V. P., St Kitts and Nevis [Bibliography]. Oxford and Santa Barbara (CA), 1995Google Scholar
- National library: Public Library, Basseterre.Google Scholar
- National statistical office: Statistics Division, Ministry of Development, Basseterre.Google Scholar