The Kingdom of Laos, once called Lanxang (the Land of a Million Elephants), was founded in the 14th century. The kingdom has always depended on the maintenance of good relations with its more powerful neighbours, Thailand, Myanmar and Vietnam.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- National Statistical Centre. Basic Statistics about the Socio-Economic Development in the Lao P.D.R. Annual.Google Scholar
- Cordell, H., Laos. [Bibliography] Oxford and Santa Barbara (CA), 1990Google Scholar
- Stuart-Fox, M., Laos: Politics. Economics and Society. London, 1986—History of Laos. Cambridge University Press, 1998Google Scholar
- Zasloff, J. J., and Uinger, L. (eds.) Laos: Beyond the Revolution. London, 1991Google Scholar
- National statistical office: National Statistical Centre, Vientiane.Google Scholar