Key Historical Events. A military coup on 17 July 1973 led by Mohammad Daoud overthrew King Zahir Shah and set up a Republic. President Daoud was killed in a military coup in April 1978 which led to the establishment of a pro-Soviet government.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Amin, S. H., Law. Reform and Revolution in Afghanistan. London, 1991Google Scholar
- Arney, G., Afghanistan. London, 1990Google Scholar
- Jones, S., Afghanistan. [Bibliography]. Oxford and Santa Barbara, 1991Google Scholar
- Rubin, B.R., The Fragmentation of Afghanistan: State Formation and Collapse in the International System. Yale Univ. Press, 1995Google Scholar
- Sykes, P. M., A History of Afghanistan. 2 vols. New York, 1975Google Scholar