Key Historical Events. The islands were discovered by Juan Bermúdez, probably in 1503, but were uninhabited until colonists under Sir George Somers were wrecked there in 1609. A company was formed for the ‘Plantation of the Somers’ Islands’, and in 1684 the Crown took over the government.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Government Statistical Department. Bermuda Facts and Figures. Annual.Google Scholar
- Ministry of Finance. Bermuda Digest of Statistics. Annual.Google Scholar
- Zuill, W. S., The Story of Bermuda and Her People. 2nd ed. London. 1992Google Scholar
- National library: The Bermuda Library, Hamilton.Google Scholar
- National statistical office: Government Statistical Department, Hamilton.Google Scholar