Key Historical Events. Saudi Arabia was founded by Abdul Aziz ibn Abdur-Rahman al-Faisal Al Sa’ud, proclaimed King of the Hejaz on 8 Jan. 1926. By a treaty of 20 May 1927 the UK recognized the independence of Hejaz, Nejd, Asir and Al-Hasa, which became the State of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia by decree of 23 Sept. 1932.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Azzam, H., Saudi Arabia: Economic Trends, Business Environment and Investment Opportunities. London, 1993Google Scholar
- Clements, F. A., Saudi Arabia. [Bibliographyl Oxford and Santa Barbara (CA), 1988Google Scholar
- Holden, D. and Johns, R., The House of Saud. London and New York, 1981Google Scholar
- Kostiner, J., The Making of Saudi Arabia: from Chieftaincy to Monarchical State. OUP, 1994Google Scholar
- Peterson, J. E., Historical Dictionary of Saudi Arabia. Metuchen (NJ), 1994Google Scholar
- National statistical office: Ministry of Finance and National Economy, Department of Statistics, Riyadh.Google Scholar