HISTORY. The former German colony of Kamerun was occupied by French and British troops in 1916. The greater portion of the territory (422,673 sq. km) was in 1919 placed under French administration, excluding the territory ceded to Germany in 1911, which reverted to French Equatorial Africa. The portion under French trusteeship was granted full internal autonomy on 1 Jan. 1959 and complete independence was proclaimed on 1 Jan. 1960.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- DeLancey, M. W., Cameroon: Dependence and Independence. London, 1989Google Scholar
- DeLancey, M. W. and Schraeder, P. J., Cameroon. [Bibliography] Oxford and Santa Barbara, 1986Google Scholar
- National statistical office: Direction de la Statistique et de la Comptabilité Nationale, Ministère du Plan et de l’Aménagement du Territoire, YaoundéGoogle Scholar