Part of the The Statesman’s Yearbook book series (SYBK)
HISTORY. Barbados was occupied by the British in 1627. Full internal self-government was attained in 1961 and independence on 30 Nov. 1966.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Beckles, H., A History of Barbados: from Amerindian Settlement to Nation-State. Cambridge Univ. Press, 1990Google Scholar
- Hoyos, F. A., Barbados: A History from the Amerindians to Independence. 2nd ed. London, 1992.Google Scholar
- Hoyos, F. A., Tom Adams: A Biography. London, 1988Google Scholar
- Potter, R. B. and Dann, G. M. S., Barbados [Bibliography]. Oxford and Santa Barbara, 1987Google Scholar
- Worrell, D., The Economy of Barbados 1946–1980. Bridgetown, 1982Google Scholar
- National library: The Barbados Public Library, Bridgetown.Google Scholar
- National statistical office: Barbados Statistical Service, Fairchild Street, Bridgelown.Google Scholar
© Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 1995