(Lao People’s Democratic Republic)
Part of the The Statesman’s Yearbook book series (SYBK)
HISTORY. The Lao People’s Democratic Republic was founded on 2 Dec. 1975. Until that date Laos was a Kingdom, once called Lanxang (the land of a million elephants).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cordell, H., Laos. [Bibliography] Oxford and Santa Barbara, 1990Google Scholar
- Stuart-Cox, M., Contemporary Laos. Univ. of Queensland Press, 1983.Google Scholar
- —Laos: Politics, Economies and Society. London,1986Google Scholar
- Zasloff, J. J., The Pathet Lao: Leadership and Organization. Lexington, Toronto and London. 1973Google Scholar
- — and Unger, L. (eds.) Laos: Beyond the Revolution. London, 1991Google Scholar
© Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 1991