HISTORY. Barbados was occupied by the British in 1627 and during its colonial history never changed hands. Full internal self-government was attained in 1961. Barbados became an independent sovereign state within the Commonwealth on 30 Nov. 1966.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Statistical Information: The Barbados Statistical Service (NIS Bldg, Fairchild St, St Michael) produces selected monthly statistics and annual abstracts. Director: Eric Straughn.Google Scholar
- Dann, G., The Quality of Life in Barbados. London, 1984.Google Scholar
- Hoyos, F. A., Barbados: A History from the Amerindians to Independence. London, 1978.—Barbados: A Visitor’s Guide. London, 1983Google Scholar
- Potter, R. B., and Dann, G. M. S., Barbados [Bibliography]. Oxford and Santa Barbara, 1987Google Scholar
- Worrell, D., The Economy of Barbados 1946–1980. Bridgetown, 1982Google Scholar