HISTORY. The Republic of Uruguay, formerly a part of the Spanish Viceroyalty of Río de la Plata and subsequently a province of Brazil, declared its independence 25 Aug. 1825 which was recognized by the treaty between Argentina and Brazil signed at Rio de Janeiro 27 Aug. 1828. The first constitution was adopted 18 July 1830.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- The official gazette is the Diario Oficial Google Scholar
- Statistical Reports of the Government. Montevideo. Annual and biennialGoogle Scholar
- Anales de Instruction Primaria. Montevideo. QuarterlyGoogle Scholar
- Arcas, J. A., Historia del siglo XX uruguayo. 1897–1943. Montevideo, 1950Google Scholar
- Salgado, José, Historia de la Republica O. del Uruguay. 8 vols. Montevideo, 1943Google Scholar
- National Library: Biblioteca Nacional del Uruguay, Guayabo 1793, Montevideo. It publishesGoogle Scholar
- Anuario Bibliográfico Uruguayo.Google Scholar