Tunisia was a French protectorate from 1883 and achieved indepen¬dence on 20 March 1956. The Constituent Assembly, elected on 25 March 1956, abolished the monarchy (of the Bey of Tunis) on 25 July 1957 and proclaimed a republic.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Statistical Information: Institut National de la Statistique (27 Rue de Liban, Tunis) was set up in 1947. Its main publications are: Annuaire statistique de la Tunisie (latest issue, 1975).Google Scholar
- Bannour, A. (ed.), Economic Yearbook of Tunisia. 2nd ed. Tunis, 1966Google Scholar
- Findlay, Allan M., Findlay, Anne M., and Lawless, R. I., Tunisia. [Bibliography] Oxford and Santa Barbara, 1982Google Scholar
- Knapp, W., Tunisia. London, 1970Google Scholar
- Ling, D. L., Tunisia: From Protectorate to Republic. Indiana Univ. Press, 1967Google Scholar
- Rudebeck, L., The Tunisian Experience: Party and People. London, 1970Google Scholar
- Sylvester, A., Tunisia. London, 1969Google Scholar
- Tomkinson, M., Tunisia: A Holiday Guide. London and Hammamet, 1984Google Scholar